Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Visiting the orphanage

This was probably the most memorable part of the trip for me. We visited an orphanage in town and got to play with and hold about 70 kids ages 2-5. We brought donations of toys, clothes, pj's, toothbrushes, and other items, but the I think the kids mostly benefited from a little love and attention. I'm so grateful my Mom offered to stay home with Kennedy and Addi so we could really snuggle the kids without the babies needing us. The kids were thrilled with a Christmas sticker craft and the Elmo pinata. My heart breaks for these sweet little ones who just want a "mama or dada" as they were calling us. As we left, Nate said, "Mom, I just wish every kid could live with a Mom and Dad." We are so blessed!



Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Cindy Thomas said...

What a WONDERFUL experience for your boys to see and be a part of!