Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ease over Fashion


People often ask me why Tanner always has socks on with his crocs. As I was looking over our blog I noticed it's pretty obvious in most of the pictures. His toes get really dried out and crack open if they aren't covered. Why then, don't I just put tennis shoes on him? Well, that would require me setting down the huge amount of things I usually have in my arms as we're walking out the door, kneeling down, putting his shoes on him, and then tying them. Instead, I opt for the choice of saying, "Tan Tan- go put your Crocs on." I never thought I would say this- but easiness over fashion! But looking at his adorable face, does it really matter?

On the other hand, Kennedy rarely leaves the house without a bow, bracelet, freshly washed face, and good smelling lotion applied. We are a little vain when it comes to her. The other day Nate told me, "Mom- Kennedy is so beautiful. But, I'll love her just as much if she's weird looking when she grows up." He then whispered under his breath, "But I really hope she stays beautiful!"

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Beth Davis said...

Your boys are defintiely cute enough not to worry about what's going on their feet. Seriously! The easier it is to get out the door- the better. I just started putting socks and shoes on Tucker and he's almost one. It's starting to get cold, so I figured I should probably start doing that now:-)
I'm in Georgia until Monday, but I have to see you when I get back!!! Please!!! Just email me when you want to get together-
bethdavis14@gmail.com

mk said...

I NEVER noticed his socks with crocs, so hopefully that makes you feel better. I love your updates and watching Kennedy grow! Hopefully I'll be seeing you soon with the holidays around the corner and us visiting my parents :)

Karina said...

Ilove that something like that doesn't concern you! So cute.

Kristie said...

I love reading your blog because I'm able to laugh at someone else's life that is so much like my own. I'm totally jealous of the lion adventure. And I completely understand about letting the boys wear whatever but making sure every accessory is perfect on your daughter- Katie's only 3 weeks old and I have already fallen into this trap. But it's so much fun!