Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Nate!

Nate turned six last week. Where does the time go? Since starting kindergarten, he really seems so grown up. We had a "Super Silly Six" party with lots of games (Giant underpants race, decorate silly cupcakes, hot potato with water balloons, silly string, etc.) But really, all a big group of boys wanted to do was run around and scream. It was a fun evening! I'm so grateful for Nate- he will forever be my little buddy. He is such a joy to have around! I miss him so much while he's gone at school all day, but really enjoy watching him learn and grow. Yesterday I was able to go on the school pumpkin patch field trip with him, and LOVED spending the day together. But, it brought tears to my eyes when we were walking together, and naturally went to hold each others hands, only for him to quickly let go and look around to make sure no one saw. I don't want my babies to grow up!!!!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emily said...

Happy late birthday Nater!

Jennie said...

What would we do without Nater and his "adult comments?" I sure miss and love that precious little grandson!

mk said...

Awww... your story brought tears to my eyes too! I can't even think about my babies growing up without getting emotional. I love your little family!