Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back down south!


GUATEMALA: About the size of Tennessee, neighbors Mexico, Belize, Honduras, and El Salvador. Population: 13,002,206. Well, the population is about to increase by 2! This is a picture of the last time my parents lived out of the country for 3 years, and they are headed back down. In August they'll move to Guatemala to begin a new adventure of service. While I am heartbroken (and crying as I write this) that they are leaving again, I am so grateful to have been raised by such righteous parents who are worthy of and willing to accept such a call. We will miss them like crazy, but are excited for the many blessing and experiences it will provide our family with. We love you Mom and Dad!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Thank you for the tender post, my precious daughter, but was there no better picture to choose from? I'll try not to look so homely this time around (and maybe not let Dad color my hair)!!! We will miss you all more than you can ever imagine and love each of you so dearly!

Coslett's said...

aww lauren....you made me cry in this lil post. i am so proud of your parents and i am proud of you for being so supportive. and you are right there will be many many many blessings to come because of your parents sacrifice! we love you and your family so much!

ps...jennie your comment made me laugh! the picture is adorable love it!

Nicole said...

Holy moly! We of course heard the calling (who didn't?) but I didn't realize they'd be headed there! But you are right...when you know people like that, you'd just better be prepared for them to be asked to serve. Such wonderful parents.

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you that your parents are going to be given such a great oppertunity, but I am so sorry that you have to lose them again...at least the flight isn't too long.

Emily said...

I heard Nate's response to the news wasn't too great. So sad!