Sunday, December 5, 2010

Paradise!

Rich and I got to go to Kauai with his parents for 9 days in November, and it was such a fun and relaxing trip! We spent our time eating great food, laying by the pool with a good book, and an occasional golf game or board game. I loved the time with my hubby and we really enjoyed being with his Mom and Dad. It is no easy thing to leave 3 young kids for that long, so I am VERY grateful to everyone for helping with my kids. Allison had all 3 the first 3 days, and then Kim had Kennedy for 6 and Karina had the boys for 6, as well as friends taking them to and from school at times. It was nice to know they were so well taken care of and the kids actually loved all the time with their cousins. Kennedy is always asking to have "Kim" come and play now! Thank you so much to everyone- I loved a getaway before being tied down with a newborn for a year!

The beautiful Hawaiin Sunset

Hanging by the pool


The view from our balcony- I am much whiter than Rich because I am suddenly very concerned about wrinkles and piled on the sunscreen and wore a hat the whole time!

Allison flew over for a week visit, and we overlapped for a day. I have never seen Rich read as much as he did on this trip! He's usually not a sit still type! :)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Greg and Abbey said...

How DANG AWESOME! I'm so glad you guys were able to do that. Amazing view and I KNOW you had awesome food, b/c that's how Shells does it! You look awesome!

Samye said...

What a fun get-away!! It is always nice to spend alone time with the hubby!

Jennie said...

You look beautiful, Sweetie! How nice to see you and Rich relaxing!

Emily said...

What an AMAZING trip! Glad you got to enjoy some time with just Rich before a new baby comes along!

kim said...

I am so glad you all got to go away. We loved having Kennedy and I loved getting to know her so much better.

Kristie said...

Looks like SO much fun! It's amazing what a little R & R can do for a mom. And it sounds like it came just in time, before that baby comes.