Sunday, March 14, 2010

"Best Day of My Life"

For months, Nate has been anxiously awaiting the loss of his first tooth. He felt like everyone had lost some but him. A few weeks ago we noticed one of his teeth was the tiniest bit wiggly, and he has been working hard to get that thing out! He decided yesterday was going to be the day (whether the tooth was really ready or not!) So, we tried eating an apple, tying a string around and yanking on it, and finally got out the pliers. After a few good tugs and a mouthful of blood, that sucker finally came out! (I know we sound like bad parents- but this was all at Nate's request!) I really don't know if I've ever seen Nate as happy as he was last night! He told me, "Mom, this is the best day of my life!" And of course, by 12:30 am, he had already checked what the toothfairy had left under his pillow and came to report to us. I still remember like it was yesterday the moment I noticed his first little tooth poking out of his gums- where has the time gone?

Eating apples to get the tooth out
It's finally out! This is one happy little boy!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Jennie said...

Way to go Nate! I hardly recognized you with that tooth gone because you look so OLD! What a handsome boy you are!!! I sure love you!