Monday, November 30, 2009

Tanner Turns 4!

Tanner turned 4 last week, which is so hard for me to believe. He was born on Thanksgiving, and I always love reflecting back on the day of his birth. He told everyone this year "4 years ago on Thanksgiving my Mom didn't get any turkey because I was coming out of her tummy!" Tanner is my quiet, attached, and happy to let others take the spotlight kind of kid. For that reason I have always thought of him as my baby, and it's strange (and difficult) to know that he is growing up. He is the type of kid that tells us at least 20 times a day how much he loves us, and always accompanies that with a kiss. He still asks to be held a lot, and adores his brother and sister. I often find him sitting next to Kennedy hugging her and telling her he loves her. He has such a sweet disposition, and from his Mom's point of view is quite a looker! I love this little boy more than I can put into words! He adds so much to our family, and I am so grateful for him.

I asked Tanner if he wanted friends at his party, and he only wanted cousins again. However, this definitely filled our house!

So excited about his new Webkin!

Since he was little, Tanner has loved having "Happy Birthday" sung to him.

I wish I had my video camera for this- Tanner was SO thrilled that Nate gave him Mario pj's!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday! For just being cousins, that really did fill up the room. So fun to have everyone so close! Spencer got a wedkinz over the summer and it's his most played with toy. He loves playing the computer, puts the actual stuffed animal to bed each night and carries it around all over. Much cleaner than a real pet! Tanner's such a cutie!

Jennie said...

It's not only your opinion that Tanner is a "looker." His Nana agrees whole heartedly. I love the way Syd is watching him blow out his candles! Happy Birthday Tan-Tan!